Monday, January 11, 2010
Where In The World . . .
Listening to his lecture made me think about the different places in the world I want to visit in my lifetime. So, in no specific order, here they are:
5. Italy: Venice, Rome, Tuscany - the adventures would be endless. Riding in a gondola, seeing the Vatican and the other sights of Rome would be inspiring. As for Tuscany, I would love to rent a house is Tuscany for a month; I would spend my days walking to the local shops, buying local produce, and cook fabulous meals every night.
6. India: When I think of the most exotic place on Earth - it has to be India. The culture is so completely different from the one I live in - it would be fascinating to see India - the good and the bad.
7. Ireland: The land of my ancestors - a visit to County Cork(Skibbereen to be exact) would have to be on my list to visit. Showing the boys where their ancestors came from would be a great history lesson for them (and me!).
8. Hong Kong: One of the most exciting aspects about visiting Hong Kong to me would be landing at the airport. It is located on an island (Chek Lap Kok) in the harbor and it seems like you may land in the harbor before you actually see the landing strip. The lights, the sounds, the people - Hong Kong seems like it would be one of the most exciting cities to visit.
9. Egypt: Another destination whose culture is so different from where I live, which is why it is so attractive to me. Walking around pyramids that were built so long ago would be surreal. Just hope there are no snakes!
10. Quebec: A close to home destination! An ideal visit would include a stay in the Hotel du Frontenac with room with a beautiful view!
Now I just need to get that Passport photo taken and the application mailed! And the photos are courtesy of family members who actually do get to travel the world!