Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Garden Update . . .


Since I last reported, my garden is thriving!  I was nervous because I planted late from seed but everything seems to be doing well.  We visited last night as a family to water and weed (but as you will see from the photos I need to go back and weed again as the bugs were too much for the kids!) and it was a fun way to spend the evening of the Summer Solstice.

The garden is a fun summer project.  I've met some of my gardening neighbors, and enjoy the birds and animals I see during my visits - everything from red wing blackbirds, pheasants and woodchucks!  During one visit I met a police officer and her dog, and learned they bring the dogs to the fields for search training.



Hopefully in my next update I will have picture of veggies!


No comments: